Frank J. Averill, M.D.
- Dr. Averill specializes in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Sleep Medicine, Weight Management, and Allergy and Immunology. He is Board-certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine.
- He has practiced in Pinellas County since 1991. He is on staff at Largo Medical Center, Morton Plant Hospital, Mease Countryside Hospital and SunCoast Hospital.
- He is a nationally renowned speaker on health care issues and has been featured on TV and radio. He is an active medical researcher and is author of over a dozen medical articles.
- Dr. Averill has been listed in “America’s Top Physicians”, “Best Physicians in the United States”, “Best Physicians in Florida” and “Best Physicians in Tampa Bay”.
- Dr. Averill graduated from New York Medical College in 1985. He completed his Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. He did his Fellowship training in Pulmonary and Critical Care, and Allergy and Immunology at Johns Hopkins University.
- He has a degree in the Business of Medicine from Johns Hopkins University and has received a Juris Doctor Degree from Stetson University School of Law.
- Dr. Averill and his wife, Rose, have conducted relationship seminars for many years and had a radio show called “On the air with ‘A Real Married Couple’” on WTBN. Together they founded and run a non-profit charity, “Footprints Ministry”, that distributes new shoes to homeless and needy children. They have two children of their own, Ashley and Ryan.